Monday, May 5, 2014

Double DIPPED!

Deb's Baptism 


Hey You's Guy's!
Well We had a typical crazy/weird week! haha 
No joke...Every appointment we had this last week fell through or bailed... It was just one of those weeks I guess. And it just happened to be the week I went on exchange with my District leader. hahaha But, No worries! I hunted them ALL down and either had a lesson with them or Rescheduled with them. (it all happened for a reason though) We can't take no for an answer. It's their Eternal salvation!:) 

Besides that we saw a good share of really weird stuff, like we usually do. And it has been raining ALL THE TIME! It is constantly cloudy and somber here. Even when it rains we are  out walking and trying to help people. I think I kind of got Elder Neus sick by walking in all that rain.... He was out for the count all day Wednesday! But eventually he became better and we  went back to poundin the pavement.
Being out here in the same area for almost 6 months is beginning to take its toll. Lately I had been feeling really burned out and tired. Everyone keeps giving me grief about how I am being transferred and leaving Massena... Which doesn't help! haha But I am so grateful to be able to be here for that long! I have met people I never would have met. And created friendships that will last a lifetime. I have helped change this area to help further the work here. I have been able to do things I never thought I would be doing! I have learned so much here!
I really started thinking about that Saturday at the Baptism. And Let me tell ya, it will be a memory I will never forget! 
In the beginning it was so stressful. We get to the chapel and look at the water and it is SUPER dirty and FREEZING COLD! So we finally clean it out, and we get a call and our Pianist canceled at the last minute! So we had to find a piano player.... we didn't.... haha Elder Duckworth had to and he hadn't played in years! 
Then when I was Baptizing Debbie I said her Maiden name and not her Other name.... UGH! haha super Embarrasing. I was so Nervous i Spaced out! I couldn't remember anything I said! it was all just a big BLUR! haha Soooo... She had to be "double dipped". And ooooh did people love teasing me about it. hahaha 
But it all worked out and it was amazing! There were so many people there, I was so happy. The spirit was definitely there.
You watch these people grow as you first meet them, then you teach them and become so close and finally help them enter into the waters of Baptism. It is such an amazing feeling!
The confirmation is the Icing on the cake! Elder Neus confirmed her a member and Did such an amazing job. That sacrament meeting was probably the Best fast and testimony meeting I have been to yet on my mission. 

This next week we have our Transfer calls. I am very very anxious to hear what is going to happen up here.
OH AND MOTHERS DAY!! We get to finally call and skype our families! I am so excited.
I hope you all have an amazing week! And always try to go out of your way to say "hello" or introduce yourself to people in your ward. FELLOWSHIP is soooooo key in the church and helps out the missionaries a TON!!!
Love ya all! Happy cinco de mayo......
"keep NY ....normal...." haha
-Elder Jepsen
P.s The Baptism pic!! That's Deb in the middle. And "mother neus" haha

Displaying DSCN2971.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment